BY: Maria Valencia
Passengers who do not have a Clear membership can reserve a spot in a designated security line using the biometric identification verification service.
“Reserve is a free service only available at select airports and requires booking your spot ahead of time. Reserve provides a more predictable experience than standard airport security, but it still requires you to show a TSA officer your ID to verify it’s you.” Clear explains on their website.
Passengers can choose the day and time slot they want to reserve their time for standard security screening and present a QR code for appointment verification to use the reserve lane. According to the website CLEAR, the service offers a 20-minute window, so there is some leeway if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment time.
19 airports around the world are participating in the program, including Denver International Airport, which began testing the program just this week.
“Travelers can now save even more time by seamlessly reserving their spot in the security line,” CLEAR’s Executive Vice President of Operations Kasra Moshkani said in a statement to Travel + Leisure. “From Clear Plus to Bag Drop to this new Reserve lane, DEN has been an incredible partner and innovator as we introduce and test new products that transform the traveler experience together.”
The following airports in the US provide Reserve, which is especially useful for travelers without Clear or TSA PreCheck:
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Minneapolis Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
Due to the absence of TSA Precheck, Reserve may be especially useful for overseas passengers at:
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Berlin Airport (BER Runway)
- Calgary International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Frankfurt Airport
- Hannover Airport
- Montréal–Trudeau International Airport
- Keflavík International Airport
- Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
The post These 19 Airports Let Passengers Reserve A Spot In The Security Line In Advance appeared first on Traveling Lifestyle.